what motor mounts are better round or square?

mikes_88_supra

Nov 5, 2007
Missouri
i was wondering what motormounts are better to use with the 1jthe stock square one with the adapter from bic or the solid round ones with 89+ crosmember? gonna go 1j in may so i was wondering

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i think he meant the actual rubber part. with the BIC brackets you can use either or.

the round liquid filled are smoother but also rip easier. while the Square solids are rougher but don't rip as easy.

just take your pic

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
The Reaper;909600 said:
i think he meant the actual rubber part. with the BIC brackets you can use either or.

the round liquid filled are smoother but also rip easier. while the Square solids are rougher but don't rip as easy.

just take your pic

I have the round ones cause my supra is 90 model ...but they do rip easier like you said...I have destroyed 2 89+ rounded mounts till now :naughty:

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
You need to use the style of mounts that came in the car originally in the car, as the mounting pads on the crossmemmber are different between the early and late mk3's, they are not interchangable. 95% of the 89+ round mounts that i have seen tear or break when th engine is pulled. The 86.5-88 square mounts are stronger.......Even stronger are the BIC 86.5-88 Poly motor mounts!! ;)