what is the optimal coolant temperature for a 7m motor?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GeneStarWindGSW;1457352 said:
Would it be alright to run straight Zyrex G05 (no water)?

Poodles;1457090 said:
I remember testing this in a lab at school years ago...

By itself, neither water or coolant is fantastic. Mixed is a different story. The 50/50 mix has a higher boiling point and lower freezing point than either one alone.
Now, outside of that, if everything is prefect and you have excess cooling capacity, you should be right about where the t-stat opens.

And electric fans aren't an upgrade...

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
The weird thing is that coolant manufacturer's put the ratio's that they should be mixed to on their packaging in the DIRECTION's. Rather than ask SM maybe reading the directions would be a better solution after you have decided which type of coolant you would like to use from the knowledgeable people on the forums.

I ran straight Distilled water in my car for about a week as I was flushing the old coolant out (drained and refilled it with water about 5-10 times - need to run the heat to get all the old stuff out)and then went with a mix of 50/50 Toyota red and distilled water.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Boosted516;1457343 said:
very true, i think its 3 degrees every psi or vice versa. what are the disadvantages of water other than the possible harm it can do to the block, and low boiling/high freezing points? im not saying antifreeze is a horrible coolant, im saying by itself w/o water it is.

Think I already answered that in previous posts ;)

GeneStarWindGSW;1457352 said:
Would it be alright to run straight Zyrex G05 (no water)?

No...it's not "alright" and more importantly is why would you want to do it? 70% coolant to 30% water is about the max you would want to go and that would be for a place that gets very cold. Read the instructions.

jetjock;1457363 said:
It never ends...

Tell me about it....

:: ij. ::