What is the hottest steering wheel for a MKIII?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
I got my '90 rewrapped here by Facime. I like the supra logo on the horn/airbag and that hasn't faded in color. If the airbag works after 18 yrs I don't know and don't want to find out with it releasing on the HWY or if I hit something. It looks beautiful and feels great. Its a soft leather so care is going to be critical. You would think its stock in great shape.

The design of the wheel allows me to cruise with my arm on the armrest and the lower left spoke is at a good spot so its comfortable and looks "relaxed cool".

I'm seriously afraid that getting pulled over with anything that looks performance aftermarket is like having a radar detector on the dash - you're going to get a ticket without a doubt and a hassle.

A friend of mine took an F150 truck and put some shiny rims on it. Some chrome door handles and a light tint. He never got pulled over for the first year he had it. Since getting that done he's gotten pulled over 3 times in the last 5 months. Just doing 65 in a 55 with that setup gets him pulled over.

That black Momo is a sweet looking wheel though for sure !

Romeo

1JZ
May 28, 2008
Bay Area
albo_bizak;1169936 said:
I like my $30 ebay steering wheel with a paseo or corolla hub. Which fits fine on our mk3's and you don't need to spend $80 on just the hub alone.

ce5a.jpg

Damn...that's cheap. Thanks for the input. Didn't know that would of fit :naughty:

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
I never really like the Momo Evolutions but from this angle it doesn't look half bad. The Sparco Mugello is a nice wheel too. I'm still undecided too though.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Has anyone tried to put the 98 supra wheel into an mk3, or at least into the airbag cars? I could see that wheel fitting in pretty well with a shadow grey leather interior. If somebody has done it and it fits fine I would probably go that route on my 92.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
KMinAF;1168226 said:
So what is a good source for the JDM Momo?

Yahoo Auctions in Japan. Mine was a bit of steal - $50 buy it now for the wheel, although I did get owned a bit on the shipping bringing it to about $140. I was told that it originally came from a Turbo A race car and then was used as a display item, but I don't trust the story as there is a fair bit of wear on the thing.

One warning, they are pretty big (I think I measured mine to be 380mm). I personally love boat size wheels, but it might not be for everyone

2805998478_a7b46f365a.jpg

I shall be rocking it for many years to come :).

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
got_boosted;1167846 said:
Crappy cell phone pic!

p1190436_1.jpg

It's not a Momo, but it didn't cost me very much either. Now I just need to install it. It's been sitting in on top of my dresser for almost 6 months. :3d_frown:

Collin

I have this one in my cressida,$60 at auto parts store,couldn't really beat the price either.I am thinking about putting it in my mk3.