What is the "Head" relay for?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I remember seeing a post of what all the fuses and relays do and what they are connected to, cant find it now.

Anyways, behind the battery in the fuse box there is a relay, says "Head" on the diagram on the cover. Whats it for?

I dont imagine the "Head" relay is supposed to start clicking right? When it clicks there is very little power in the car, barely enough to light up the door ajar light.

I just got my 2jz running but i'm having some really unusual electrical problems. The "Head" relay starts clicking and theres zero power in the car. I have to do weird things like pull the jumper negative off, pull the relay out, put it back in, then it works sometimes. I also need a another car to jump mine so I can start my car, might be alternator problems though.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Fletch124;1162899 said:
I remember seeing a post of what all the fuses and relays do and what they are connected to, cant find it now.

Anyways, behind the battery in the fuse box there is a relay, says "Head" on the diagram on the cover. Whats it for?

I dont imagine the "Head" relay is supposed to start clicking right? When it clicks there is very little power in the car, barely enough to light up the door ajar light.

I just got my 2jz running but i'm having some really unusual electrical problems. The "Head" relay starts clicking and theres zero power in the car. I have to do weird things like pull the jumper negative off, pull the relay out, put it back in, then it works sometimes. I also need a another car to jump mine so I can start my car, might be alternator problems though.

Sounds like it could be a bad ground, I've had a lot of weird issues from bad grounds.