What is it you like about Supras?

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
For myself, and my 87 TT - is like the very smooth ride,the incredibly smooth
engine (think this is due to the inline 6 confg.) the weight of the car gives it
a very very, good ride, the options in the car are 15-20 years ahead of its
time. The engine although not that strong strong hp wise (by todays standards) is very safisticated, DOHC, fuel injected, turbo,computer controled
etc. I like mine very much and plan virtualy a full restoration. Every item will be restored to working order. All suspension parts that wear will be replaced.
Engine is being rebuilt etc. Almost all of the problems I read about with these
cars is simply extreme age and very heavy use (abuse). You restore a supra
and you have a ride that can't be duplicated in a new car for less than $40-50K. What are your thoughts on this great car---

N

NDBoost

s383mmber1 said:
i just love supra's period. I started to type a list---then i was like no way am i fitting it all.;)
agreed, i love everything about them

Fastway135

Nov 7, 2005
Mass
Everything too. And I love how everything is powered. And it's by far the best looking mid 80's to early 90's car.

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
I love how intrinsically good supras are. There's something magical about them--you can fight with the car for months on end (and still be completely in love with it) and once you get it running--even if for just a short bit--it's the best feeling car you've ever driven.

And the torque is nice:icon_bigg

89MkIII

targa'd tank
Mar 30, 2005
WI
The body.......... boxy w/ sharp defined edges and lines. They have that nice old school japanese look, like it's coming at you from all directions.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That would make it an 87 TTT, Dan. :icon_lol:

My favorite thing is everything. I can't be quite as comfortable in any other car I drive or own. The interior layout is well planned and easy on the eye. Everything is within a finger's reach, tilt/telescopic wheel, 8-way power driver's seat, 6 speaker stereo (in my 90 anyway).
The pleasant exhaust note of the 7M, the torque, the resillience to age. I've seen cars 5 years newer that wear quicker.

I simply enjoy the being that is, Supra.

::edit:: It's called a Supra for a reason. ;)
"to surpass, exceed"

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I like the fact that everybody and their brother doesnt own one. There are only two (counting mine) within 30 miles of me that I know of. Their will be three if my wife(mkIIIvixen) ever gets hers out of the shop.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
luxury powerhouse cruiser, i hate dinky sports cars where your elbows are ontop of your knees and your elbows are bent at an angle less than 90degrees.
long highway rides are AWSOME and seriously the best form of relaxation ever. screw gas, highway makes up for my 14mpg in town. plus the badass design cues from an era that is GONE pop up headlights, boxy panels, the whole sharp wedge angles all over the car that could rip off a persons knee rather than save it like newer sports cars that are just bubbles.
and of course, the power plant, i love this setup better than any other i've seen. I6 turbo with flywheel pointing straight towards rear wheels.

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
I've always liked cars with hideaway lights, but unlike the 82 Firebird I once owned the Supra has quality and style. I have owned my 1990 since day one and we have racked up many happy miles together.

Bullz_EyE

ToP DeaD CenTeR
Jan 26, 2006
San Diego, CA
I like the looks. It has great lines and styling for an old car. I like the fact that it is underestimated by the average person. I also like the potential of the 7M-GTE and the vehicles potential to be a contender in all aspects with other cars of today.

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
for me it is just the name and the rareness of the supra.....
i like the body the engine is great they are just a car that make you feel great when you get behind the wheel...:)

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Muscular looks. Compared to any other car out there the MKIII just looks ripped. The 7m sounds too beefy to ever be called rice makes a great DD with all the low-end torque. And who doesn't like torque?