What happens at 2000rpms?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'm having a problem going lean right at the 2k mark. Before the 2k mark and after the afr are normal but everytime I hit the 2k mark it leans way out to 18+. It started doing this after installing an aeromotive FPR kit from Driftmotion. The J tube was removed and blocked off with the block off plate from the kit. The pressure was set to 35psi. I am tuning with HKS PFC-FCON, VPC, and GCC. It did not go lean like this before installing the FPR kit. Any ideas on what I should look for or missed something?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
1988ma70supra;1926925 said:
I'm having a problem going lean right at the 2k mark. Before the 2k mark and after the afr are normal but everytime I hit the 2k mark it leans way out to 18+. It started doing this after installing an aeromotive FPR kit from Driftmotion. The J tube was removed and blocked off with the block off plate from the kit. The pressure was set to 35psi. I am tuning with HKS PFC-FCON, VPC, and GCC. It did not go lean like this before installing the FPR kit. Any ideas on what I should look for or missed something?

Is that 35 PSI with or without the vacuum line?

To see if it's the voltage switch over for the FP, just jump B+ and FP in the diag box and take it for a run. Don't do this with a paper clip as it will get hot, QUICKLY.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
thevork;1926991 said:
As it could be a fuel related problem because of that's what was changed the last the following question comes to mind:
Did you do the 12v mod already ?

No I havent done the 12V mod yet, but I havent seen any type of pressure drop on the guage whatsoever so didn't really think this was relevant.

IndigoMKII;1926996 said:
Is that 35 PSI with or without the vacuum line?

It is set at 35psi at idle with the vacuum line unplugged from the FPR but with a plugged hose end. After reconnecting it is reads about 28-30psi. I have checked up on the TSRM and that seems to be in the normal range. Will jumping the B+ and FP make it run constant 12V? Ill try doing this after the holiday and keep you posted.

Any other theories that I should consider?