What happened to FlashChat?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Not but 3-4 months ago, it was booming. We would regularly have 12-15 people in there, it was the happening place to be for sure. I could go in there literally ANY time, and there would be someone to talk about something with. I'd be in there on Saturday mornings at work when there was nothing to do but wait for the phone to ring, or at night when I was bored.

Now... every now and then someone else will be there to talk to me.

What's the deal?

:\

Jeff

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I went in there very few time at night over the last months and asked the same question of the one other person in there. They said that it was just an off night, but it happened on 3 different times.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Don't get me wrong, there are still times when there are quite a few people in there, just seemed significantly busier in the summer. It's cold now, everyone should be inside browsing SM, haha.

Jeff

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think it may be partially a seasonal thing also. I seem to remember the same situation occuring last year at the same time.

I have a few other thoughts too I'll PM ya about.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
SM Flashchat also looks a little unfinished - what with it not saving user data for the next session (i have to select the 'classic' theme EVERY time i log on), the logo up the top is...uhm...yeah, it doesn't look very pro. Now us old school FC users don't really care, but it certainly could put off newcomers.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Ive just been slacking on getting on. I started college and my life went into the fast lane. Ask SURUKO, I hardly talk to him now because Im so damn busy. =[ Ill try to pop on in when I can.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Perhaps making the flashchat compatible with texting would change the liveliness. I was on the civic forum the other day and noticed they had a chatroom where all you have to do is text "CIVICFORUM" to a 5-digit number and BAM! You're in the chatroom from your mobile phone! Text "LEAVE" and you're out! Simple as that. Sorry if this is old news and has been mentioned here before, it's new to me haha.

If you don't have unlimited text, expect the bill to be high if you plan to stay in the chatroom for a while because you get a text for every single response lol.