what engine control is everyone using

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
just wondering what ECU/ engine mangement is everyone running/ thinking of running?

I went stand alone on mine, with Autronic SMC. I've been very happy with it.

is any one running the stock ECUs?

trdmk3supra

LVNBSTLFE
Mar 31, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
i am running stock for now. i am looking for a full standalone and how does yours hold up? i was thinking of going with aem or microtech but we'll see. let ma know how yours does and a good review would be nice!!

kysupra

I'm Single
Apr 25, 2005
Lexington, KY
trdmk3supra said:
i am running stock for now. i am looking for a full standalone and how does yours hold up? i was thinking of going with aem or microtech but we'll see. let ma know how yours does and a good review would be nice!!

Well the Autronic is very nice, very pleased with it. Im not sure what stuff you want, but the i have the basic unit and am very happy with what it does. Im also running an Autronic 500R 4 Channel Ignition System, I had a MSD ingition was setting at a hotel and it just up and stoped running, after i swtiched to the Autronic i havent had any issues. http://www.autronic.com/index.html check them out. It helps that this is what my local shop tunes, but playing with the interface on my laptop its very easy to use.

hope this gives you another option.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
kysupra said:
just wondering what ECU/ engine mangement is everyone running/ thinking of running?

I went stand alone on mine, with Autronic SMC. I've been very happy with it.

is any one running the stock ECUs?

Just looked over there website...and I noticed the Autotune feature..that is really cool, I have always wonder why more don't do something like this.

Have you used that method?

What does that unit cost?

trdmk3supra

LVNBSTLFE
Mar 31, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
kysupra said:
Well the Autronic is very nice, very pleased with it. Im not sure what stuff you want, but the i have the basic unit and am very happy with what it does. Im also running an Autronic 500R 4 Channel Ignition System, I had a MSD ingition was setting at a hotel and it just up and stoped running, after i swtiched to the Autronic i havent had any issues. http://www.autronic.com/index.html check them out. It helps that this is what my local shop tunes, but playing with the interface on my laptop its very easy to use.

hope this gives you another option.

thanks man i will check out their site later. man glad you like it and keep the booooooost up boi!!

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
you must be earning heaps of $ Tom :naughty:
Im not too knowledgable on different types of aftermarket ecu's. Is there a better type suited to a 7m?

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
I got two pay rises, miggles ;)

I'm not that knowledgable either, but I know that most standalone ECUs offer the same basic features, you just need to find one which has the right amount of spark/fuel outputs and the 'extra' features that you want (boost control, traction control, auto tune, etc)

According to a local Autronic distributor, the chief engineer who started MoTeC left there and started Autronic, so the Autronic units are top quality. They also have some sort of additional volumetric efficiency processor which anticipates your driving so is always a step ahead, instead of 'playing catch up' like most ECUs. Oh and they seem to have a pretty good Knock control system built in, and I'm pretty sure they can control our ISC valve :)

All this for $1000 AU less than a MoTeC M800! ;)