what does it take to swap a non lsd to lsd

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
i am looking at getting an lsd for my supra. i dont think it has one since i was doing donuts and it only left one tire mark. maybe its a 1.5 way. but it should still lay down 2 tire marks.

anyways search after search lead to nothing useful on here as for old threads.

can i just get an lsd housing complete and bolt it up. axles?.

thanks.

craig

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Only sport package n/a will have a lsd.

You need to swap out the whole diff for a lsd from a turbo car or a sport package n/a.

They say lsd on the rear cover and if you lift the rear wheels up and spin 1 tire the other should go the same way. If they go different ways then you open.

And there 2 way lsds.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
wow these came stock with a 2 way. my 86 had a 1.5 way. i figured all stock lsd's were pretty much just 1.5
im pretty sure we've checked the spinning the tires thing. ill have to do it again.

so on swapping it in, i just need to have the entire 3rd member housing. and my non lsd axles will bolt right up to it.
do they have input shafts with splines.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
toyolla86;1713838 said:
wow these came stock with a 2 way. my 86 had a 1.5 way. i figured all stock lsd's were pretty much just 1.5
im pretty sure we've checked the spinning the tires thing. ill have to do it again.

so on swapping it in, i just need to have the entire 3rd member housing. and my non lsd axles will bolt right up to it.
do they have input shafts with splines.

Yes just the entire diff. housing, the drive shaft will mate with the same bolt patterns.
No there are no input shafts on the axles, they just seat inside it and bolt to it.