What do you use for the brake booster pipe on the 2jzgte intake aristo motor?

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Need some help fellas, was wondering what you guys use to make the aristo pipe for the brake booster on the intake manifold bigger? Do I have to tap and put a barb hose in? I tried to find a link to anything, but only came up with 1jz stuff. Taking my intake off to replace the gasket and was figuring on doing it while its off. I just put a smaller hose and then a bigger over it for the longest time. Just want to make it work right whilst I have it off.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It should be the same size as the stock one. 3/8ths or -6an hose.

If yours is different get a 7m or 1jz fitting.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No such thing. It uses vacuum not pressure.

should look like the fitting on the top at the back of the intake manifold.

2jz-twin-turbo.jpg

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Yes, whatever it had to increase the vaccum. They said it supposed to have a bolt ontop. I dont see one though. Driftmotion said I may have to tap and put a dash 6 fitting.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Mine doesnt have a bolt on top either. I ended up getting taking off the small 4mm fitting near where the map sensor fits and put a fitting put on the inside of the manifold and running a 3/8 line from that. You can sort of see it in the photo.

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Are you talking about the hole with the filter? Where ppl usually put thier aftermarket map sensor at? Mine has a freeze plug looking thing on the back side of the intake near the brake booster, like the ones on cyl blocks, but the size of a dime. Was wondering if theres threads behind it.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
I dont think there are threads behind the core plug. The small black inline filter? If so then yes, i took it out and put a fitting to a 3/8 barb.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Easiest to drill and tap, the Aristo used a hydraulic brake booster, so there was no vacuum port on earlier engines.

Alternatively you could get a Supra/later Aristo upper intake manifold and then you would already have the appropriate hole.

Jeff