What do you guys think of my front bumper photochop? :)

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
BEFORE AND AFTER:

bumper.jpg

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
damn.... i don't care what you guys think.... anyone else??? LOL

what do you guys not like anyways? the fact that the IC hole is not as wide and taller?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
eh i like it.................. i think it will look a lot better once it's made and not a photochop. i'm gonna see if shine auto can make it for me.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I think something people should consider when designing a new front bumper for the MKIII is to eliminate the lip altogether and make the main opening larger by going lower, not higher. I find when the opening goes much higher than stock the whole flow of the car is disrupted. Not sure if that makes enough sense, but I think it would look better.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I know what you're saying Jeff.... but if i did that my IC would not get much more airflow because the top part is being covered not the bottom. i'm going to play with it more though.

Basically I'm going for functionality here as much as possible. I want the IC hole to be as big as possible without looking too stupid. I want the side holes to be big because I plan to route my intake cone all the way down on the passenger side right behind the hole and build a box underneath to keep it dry from puddles, etc, and behind the driver side is my oil cooler. And overall I want the design to look more or less like the 88-style bumper (no center hump), and not too modified. Anyhow I'll keep playing with it more though.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
1989MKIII said:
i like the after, but i would drag it off in my driveway. so yeah i would have to stick with the befor, but if it wasnt for my driveway, i would do the after

when he makes it for me i'll ask him that it doesn't hang any lower then the stock lip, I know that photochop looks a bit exxagerated... that's also why i want the center section cut out somewhat too, since the middle part is what drags the most.

as for everyone else, i know what you mean and all, i thought the IC hole was a bit much too when i first looked at it, but the more and more i look at it the more i like it.... plus it's designed for all business, nothing is really there to show off, everything is functional and it looks as close to stock as i can make it look other then the lip.

anyhow i like it so i'm gonna find someone to make it :)