What Clutch should I buy for my R154?

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
SUPRASTEVE You don t need to spend 400-500 dollars on a clutch for your needs. I have been using my STOCK TOYOTA PRESSURE PLATE , AND EBAY 6 PUCK DISK FOR OVER 2 YEARS. No problems or slipping what so ever at 430rwhp and 430 rwtq on a ct26-60 trim 550cc and 18psi ALL DAY EVERY DAY . So for your needs this set up will work great for you. Here is what you need...

TOYOTA 7MGTE PRESSURE PLATE $75
TOYOTA THROW OUT BEARING $40
TOYOTA PILOT BEARING $13
EBAY 6 PUCK CERAMIC DISK for $70 shipped or if it makes you feel better get an ACT 6 PUCK DISK for around $140 shipped. Good luck and spend your money wisely :) .

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I'd probably second the action clutch stage 2.

Even though I probably wouldn't buy it again, the spec stage 3+ in my car has been taking a fair amount of abuse with zero problems. It also has no chatter since its still a full disc.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Hey Medical. yeah I wanted to buy the Stage 3+ in the first place but thought it was over kill plus its like 100 bucks more than the stage 3. Little did I know about chatter on pucked clutches. I think I'll put it up for sale to get a 3+. For now I think I'm just going to go all stock. Theres no sense in buying more stuff thats expensive. I need to get my Supra back on the road.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
You would think so. Maybe try calling or emailing the company to see if the pressure plate is the same. I'd probably go with the Spec Stage 2+, which on paper still has a ton of room for overhead for a 7M build.