What clutch fan do I need?

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
So finally got my single turbo setup don e on my 1jz, a borg warner s366. I only got a couple blocks and I hear some mayhem under my hood and when I popped the hood my fan shroud must have broke some how ( think my buddy leaned on it and cracked it) and it got caught in my fan and it broke all my fins and one actually punctured my radiator. Yeah totally sucks. But moral of the question is I have no idea what fan I need it has 7 blades and is hooked up to a clutch fan. But I have no idea what it kind of clutch it is.
Is there a way to tell what I got? Or what fan I need. I will be using a new stock radiator

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What color is the clutch. Orange green blue etc? Like where it bolts on to the water pump.

Best one for fitment is the sc300 clutch and blade. Just have to trim the blades.

Can also use the 2jzgte clutch and blade.

I don't rec the ls400/ 7mgte combo.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
I didn't see any colors on it but it's dark out I'll check tomorrow but I know the fins didn't look trimmed on the fan. The guy I got the car from doesn't remember but I think he bought a 2jz water pump and bought a fan from my buddy but he isn't sure if it was a 7m or 2jz fan.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
theres also the na pump conversion :) the big headache with na blades is they hit your upper rad hose outlet in front of the exhaust cam. ive always used the 2jzgte fan never had issues fitment was excellent

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I use the orange 2J clutch (GTE part AFAIK) and the GE fanblade. This setup had more than enough clearance for the stock radiator after trimming thr back of the blades to clear the waterneck a bit, but when I went to the Mishimoto I decided to cut about 3/4" off the front of the blades (wanted at least a finger gap between blade and shroud). It's a fantastic setup now IMO

The older clutch I had however allowed the GE fab blade to sit even closer to the motor and trimming the front of the blades most likely would not have been neccesary. Unfortunately I have no idea which part that was :/