what clutch fan and shroud is used with the 1jzgte into mk3 ja70 supra?

mk3<3

Feb 21, 2010
perris
my 1jzgte cam without a clutch fan and i had no shrowed on my mk3...will an mk3 shrowed fit with the 1jz? and which clutch fan will fit on the 1jz..also i heard the sc300 ac pump will bolt on to the 1jz?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Need stock mk3 fan shroud.

Need ls400 clutch and stock 7mgte 10blade fan.

Also if you engine ahs the hydro fan pump need to take that off and get the usdm 2jzgte waterpump and housing dm sells it.

As for the a/c compressor i am unsure but im pretty sure all the jz use the same compressor for the most part. If it does you just need to swap the head so the lines bolt up.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Stock rad, stock fan shroud, sc300 fan and clutch. I had to use spacers to get the fan blades away from the water neck, though.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wonder if a soarer 2.5GT or sc300 water neck would solve that clearance issue.

Mine has a sc300 pump with a JDM soarer fan and clutch (same as sc300? not sure...). Motor was from a JZZ30 soarer. Stock rad, no shroud (it was missing).

Gt40881j

Mar 30, 2011
misery
mkiiichip;1727800 said:
Stock rad, stock fan shroud, sc300 fan and clutch. I had to use spacers to get the fan blades away from the water neck, though.

we trimmed the fan blades a bit and had to use spacers when we did my buddies swap, same setup

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
2JZGTE clutch and fanblade will work with stock radiator (with or without shroud).

2JZGTE clutch and 2JZGE fanblade will work with aftermarket radiators, but it will need to be trimmed or spaced to avoid hitting the water neck (can be made to work with shroud depending on trimming/spacing).

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
i bought a fan clutch from rockauto for 27 bucks they still have a few left at that price it looks like. the 2jzgte and 2jzge fan clutch is the same. i went with the 2jzge fan blade for more clearance in case i ever decide to go with a bigger radiator. stock shroud

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Damn thats a good price.

How does that setup work with the mishimoto radiator? Pretty sure the ls400 clutch and 7m fan blade was hitting the rad.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
The LS setup spins reverse rotation afaik, so I never even considered that a viable alternative.. That being said, the GE fanblade clears a Koyo 3-core by quite a bit so long as the blades are trimmed to clear the waterneck. I don't see the Mishimoto being an issue, and most of the time shroud fitment is just a matter of making small adjustments, but That's one thing you'd have to play around/experiment with.

In regards to the post about the GE and GTE clutches being the same, the issue with that ( I thought the same at one point) is that the clutches all have different part numbers as verified by Jeff Lange and a few others.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It would have to have some sort of reverse gearing of some sort. And to the best of my knowledge all engines spin clockwise if your looking at the crank. If your in the car they spin counter.

But you made me so curious on my thoughts i went and checked. Spins normally.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Well, it's nice to have that confirmed or answered. I had always wondered why DM would sell a system that did not operate in OE fashion. In any case, I have run different variations of the JZ setups, and they work as well depending on the desired end result.

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
I just saw 2 supras built by the same guy both 1jz and they went with 2j pump, 2j clutch, 2jz fan with 7m shroud and 7m radiator and it looked fine to me

Sent from my Galaxy S phone