what car did my motor come out of?

rockn yota

May 16, 2010
Zeeland, Michigan
trying to figure out what motor my 1jzgte came out of, it has hydro fan, front sump and these pin out's out of the ecu, can anyone help me with this?
p1567394_1.jpg

rockn yota

May 16, 2010
Zeeland, Michigan
great thanks, do all soarer 1jzgte's have the same wiring? reason i ask is this motor is OBDI and i found this diagram for a jzz30 1jzgte and was wondering if this is the diagram i need for my motor, but this says 8/96 and i thought that 96 and up were OBDII, can someone else help me with this?

Last edited:

rockn yota

May 16, 2010
Zeeland, Michigan
my project is freaking out, i thought from the day it came in til today that i had a soarer motor, but i am starting to think i have a chaser motor. thanks guys

ebondragon87

Nov 6, 2007
Aurora, Colorado
the soarer had rear sump, and clutch fan. At least that what i was told.
I thought the Soarer and Chaser had front sump. ::shrug:: It could be a Chaser ecu, I've been trying to find decent pictures of the 2 to compare them but not much luck.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Soarer - Clutch fan and rear sump

Chaser - Hydro fan and front sump

they have the same style ecu connectors, but it sounds like you go shafted by a company and got a chaser engine

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mind my asking what makes Chaser 1j's inferior to Soarer or Supra 1j's? I've only heard a couple bits about it, but nothing concrete...

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
they arent inferior at all, actually better if you ask me. they are typically better taken care of than jza70 engines. the only downside to them, is you need alot more wiring work, the right sump setup, and stuff like that

rockn yota

May 16, 2010
Zeeland, Michigan
" the only downside to them, is you need alot more wiring work", ok with that said do you know how and what wires have to be hooked up for this bitch to fire, i have found some wiring diagrams and none of them seem to be the right one, i also need the pin outs for this ecu, the jzz30 pin outs arn't the same as mine, they are close but not quite the same. i have power to the ecu. This is getting frustrating i am trying to put this motor into a toyota pickup and have no other wires in the truck than the engine wiring harness.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i got an aristo harness and aem, so i never did the chaser harness

youre best bet is to pay dr tweak and hell make you a pnp harness

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
if you could keep us all informed as you go along and let us know what is what cause I am curious about how this goes also I think I have the same problem. Thanks alot if you wouldn't mind

rockn yota

May 16, 2010
Zeeland, Michigan
will do, i just need to figure out what of the 2 empty ecu plugs need power and of the other 4 left over plugs coming out of my harness needs power. i have power run to b+, b+1, Batt, and igsw, this is straight power to the ecu with skipping the m-rel. This is what i have come up with, using a jzz30 and a jzx70 wiring diagram, one of my gray plugs out of the other 4 i think is some kind of ignition plug, i think power to the ignitor, injectors, and starter solenoid come out of this, as well as like 8 other wires that i haven't figured out what they go to.