What air filter to use after doing AFM delete?

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
Hey guys, I recently acquired a MAP-ECU, and am getting everything ready to put the car into speed density. When I do that, my intake pipe, AFM, and current K&N will be removed. My question is, what K&N are you guys using with a similar type setup? I'd like to have it attached directly the the front of the turbo. Is that a safe option, or will the heat be too much?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
stock turbo? I used an AEM dryflow attached to the stock accordian pipe with a pipe adapter. can't recall the size, but all you need to do is measure the accordian hose to get the inlet size, and then measure the room you have to determine length and diameter. AEM has tons of different sizes, you just need to find one that fits.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Hey Wes,
That is what I did. I have a picture of my accordin attached to a small intake pipe attached to the filter if you would like to see what I'm talking about take a look at my for sale thread to get in idea.

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
Hmm, that might end up being what has to happen. I was really hoping I could delete the entire accordion hose, as I'd like to have room the put my PS reservoir in that area, as right now my N/A reservoir is just sort of crammed below my air filter.