What a week.....

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
So heres story, last weekend i took my car up to a track in calabogie, Ontario for a 2 day racing school (damn it was fun). Anyways, while i was racing, my car was overheating and i was leaking antifreeze. With further inspection, we deemed it was the radiator. I took out the old radiator wednesday and installed a new one yesterday. After installing it, about 30 minutes later i notice temperature gauge going about up about 3/4 way. I couldn't figure out what it was. The rad is still going through antifreeze like crazy and you can tell there is a leak somewhere still as there is antifreeze all on the top of the skidplate. Meanwhile, today, im driving home from the gf's house, and i stop at a stop sign and when taking off, i notice that it sounded like my exhaust sound got amplified by like 10 times. i pull off to the side of the road and look underneath the car to the surprise of the front pipe breaking off just before the catalytic converter (gotta get new headers ;) ) I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why there is still an antifreeze leak? It seems as if it is leaking right underneath the radiator, however i just replaced it :dunno:

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Supracentral;1314435 said:
Did you check for a defective thermostat?

When I checked it out the thermostat looked fine to me, no antifreeze on it or leaking from it. I have a feeling it might be the bottom rad pipe. I'm gonna try and have a closer look at it tomorrow if i can get it up on the hoist tomorrow at my work. I'll keep everyone updated.

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
assuming that its over heating due to the leak, id say you need to pressure test the system with a pump ,its the most efficient way to find the leak. if you dont have a pump id take it to a shop .also some have found that on the mk3's you got to jack up the front end a bit when bleeding the coolant system of air.