Were does the oil disepear?

SwedishMeatball

Oct 6, 2008
sweden
Arighty lads i got this annoying problem, the oil wont stay in the engine...

First of my turbo kissed goodbye during a race due to a leaking oil return system. Oh well i fixed all that and changed all the gasket and stuff.
As i was doin this changed the oil and oil filter and now prehaps evry 70 metric miles my oil light comes up and i have to fill her up mabey halv a litre or something.

Ive cheaked the valve sealing they are good
Leak done test is good
Compression test was good
No oil leaks found on the garage floor or around the engine.
And no blue smoke.

I have no idea what is wrong but its getting really annyoing and expensive :(

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
It's probably a combination of valve seals and the turbo. My engine uses a little oil but I have no blue smoke. I can, however, smell burning oil when I come to a stop if I engine brake or just exit off the freeway. From my experience, most turbos will burn a little oil.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SwedishMeatball;1167394 said:
As i was doin this changed the oil and oil filter and now prehaps evry 70 metric miles my oil light comes up and i have to fill her up mabey halv a litre or something.

(

While you are describing to much oil use, a half a liter won't turn on the light. You have more than one issue.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Mine was using oil but not burning or leaking, so I thought. But while running I was dumping oil out of the front crank seal, but it did not get on the car at all for some reason the pan and undercarriage was dry. I parked on cardboard for a week to see is there was any oil leaking but it only leaked a min or 2 after startup and just kept leaking.

Aslo turbo and engine will burn oil some. Take off your ic pipes and see if there is any oil there or around the throttle body inlet.

SwedishMeatball

Oct 6, 2008
sweden
Nick M;1167469 said:
While you are describing to much oil use, a half a liter won't turn on the light. You have more than one issue.
Mm ok i started to take her apart, the front crank seal is fine and i cant find any oil in the ic pipes :S this is so weird...