Went to the track a few weeks back(Videos)

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
ForcedInduction;1115865 said:
It should be here on wednesday and I'll wire it in as soon as I get it. The one I got is from Rush racing. They call it an anti-lag, but people say it only makes ~10 psi.

This might be obvious, but I hope you know that 2 step and anti lag are two completely different things. I just say this because of the way you said "they call it an anti-lag" like it was just a different name for a 2 step. The Rush anti-lag seems to work pretty well though from what I've seen.

ForcedInduction

Dec 26, 2006
Chicopee, MA
joliroger4;1116576 said:
That car has a problem, the boost is coming on way too late which is why you are struggling to launch it. I would check for a boost leak or a pre-turbo exhaust leak.

Could it be the fact that I'm still running stock cam gears? Ie too much overlap?

GotTurbos?;1116598 said:
This might be obvious, but I hope you know that 2 step and anti lag are two completely different things. I just say this because of the way you said "they call it an anti-lag" like it was just a different name for a 2 step. The Rush anti-lag seems to work pretty well though from what I've seen.

Yea I know the difference. Some people argue at the fact that this is a full anti-lag and say it's more of a 2-step. Ill see once I get it.

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
There are many reasons the boost could be coming on so late. You have to figure it out. Start with a boost leak test before dropping even more money and throwing more parts on the car that will complicate things further. Then take your tester and plug it on your exhaust. Tiny seapages here and there aren't hurting you, you will really hear any obvious leaks that would be however. Make sure the wastegate is working properly, and hooked up properly, make sure the boost control is a good one and working properly. Start with the basics. I wouldn't be throwing that antilag on until you figure out what the problem is with the car first. If you do a 6k rpm clutch dump and the car bogs, something is def not right.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
I hope that fixes your problem I am expecting to see low 12’s or better with your power level on the next videos. However you launch kind soft :) ...... I used rev around 3000rpm and dump the clutch but that’s because I didn’t know any better .... then I got tired of spinning so much and not going anywhere

Now I let off the clutch kind slow when I launch it might not be the best thing for the clutch but I get better results. I am boosting quicker and I have a lot less spin my best time is 13.57 on my 7m which is just BPU (Lex Afm, stock 440's, walbro pump, AFPR, 3in exhaust, K&N filter and 18x9 rims along with my speakers).

ForcedInduction

Dec 26, 2006
Chicopee, MA
Well how can I launch hard when car loses boost as soon as you let the clutch out. I don't like abusing the clutch either especially since I paid almost $3k for it.