Welp......my ECU still ain't fixed......

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i took my ECU to a local shop. the first ECU that fried not the 2nd one. Justin still has the 2nd one.

we replaced the burnt caps and still wasn't working.

they just PM'd me on a local board after another month of fudging with it and told me to come try it. 2 minute drive and i get there.

pulled their spare working ECU that they gave me a few weeks ago and put my old one in. fire it up and its STILL doing the samething.

they replaced a few more caps and a resistor. still no luck. maybe its completely toast and unrepairable? i dunno. we shall see

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
The Reaper said:
i took my ECU to a local shop. the first ECU that fried not the 2nd one. Justin still has the 2nd one.

we replaced the burnt caps and still wasn't working.

they just PM'd me on a local board after another month of fudging with it and told me to come try it. 2 minute drive and i get there.

pulled their spare working ECU that they gave me a few weeks ago and put my old one in. fire it up and its STILL doing the samething.

they replaced a few more caps and a resistor. still no luck. maybe its completely toast and unrepairable? i dunno. we shall see

try it with a known working ecu and see if it works the same? onejoezee that damn bug made me think i had a bug on my screen hehe

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
damn that really bites, maybe the ECU is fried. either try a known working ecu or time to go standalone. The stinger seems to be getting very good review you may want to go that route without spending a lot on AEM.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i have a working ecu in my car now. been driving it flawlessly for the past 3 weeks....

its the ECU
and Geico rocks

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
be carefull, because with all the ECU problems you have had, their is probably a small problem with you harness wiring. Sometimes you can look at the bad ecu and trace down where it burnt down to and follow it to the pin of the ECU. We have done this at Nissan before and it worked great, for finding what circuit of the ecu keeps blowing!

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea the guys at the shop are awesome the wiring guy took a look at mine and said it wasn't the wiring the first one went bad due to old age. that last one grounded out on something and popped it.

so im positive its not the wiring.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
ghetto ecu.. works fine some times then wownt allow to rev above 2k.. oh well if it doesn't work we'll steal the caps for my ecu and it probably will fix it.. there were 2-3 leaking ones on mine..

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Thanks IJ

didn't mean to be a jerk but anytime i post something off topic i get bashed for it. i know it was all in fun but im trying to give information about my ECU problem