well bad news (bhg)

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
well after gettin a motor and putting it all back together and getting it to run right, its overheating and white smoke is coming out the exhaust, and ive only driven it less than 20 miles and i wasnt even hard on it, 7lbs is nothing and now i think i got a bhg!:icon_evil

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
well, did you do the job RIGHT? ie resurfacing block and head within spec? ARP bolts, proper torque? etc.

If not, you asked for problems before you even pulled the engine.

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
well i didnt do the job, my wife bought the engine from people she trusted in the supra community and that she knows and she assured me that it was done right with a mhg....so im at a loss i guess, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
Your wife bought the engine?Get a return if possible and how does your wife know people in the supra community that you don't know?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Wow. I wouldn't trust any engine I either didn't see rebuilt or was rebuilt by my own hands. If I bought a used engine off of someone out of necessity? I would rebuild it or have it rebuilt in front of me before putting it in MY car, guaranteed on that.

You have to remember that God created the Supra 7M Turbo for Man and saw that it was GOOD. The Devil became jealous of Man for the power of the Supra 7M Turbo and cursed it with BHG. Then God created the 2JZ, and kicked the Devil in the balls.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Drake69;1583284 said:
Wow. I wouldn't trust any engine I either didn't see rebuilt or was rebuilt by my own hands. If I bought a used engine off of someone out of necessity? I would rebuild it or have it rebuilt in front of me before putting it in MY car, guaranteed on that.

You have to remember that God created the Supra 7M Turbo for Man and saw that it was GOOD. The Devil became jealous of Man for the power of the Supra 7M Turbo and cursed it with BHG. Then God created the 2JZ, and kicked the Devil in the balls.

2jz fTW!!!!

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
jagpride;1583283 said:
Your wife bought the engine?Get a return if possible and how does your wife know people in the supra community that you don't know?

well my wife is from arizona, and im not, so she knows more people here, she has a black and pink 88 turbo supra that im sure most of the supra community knows her, she is turbonator82

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Drake69;1583284 said:

got a good laugh out of that

and after further review today, i took off the turbo inlet pipe and theres quite a bit of oil sittin on the lip of the turbo, and i checked the oil and no water. I think my turbo blew on me so im gonna swap in my old one and hope all is well

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Oil smoke can appear whiteish sometimes... so maybe you're lucky and it's not a BHG. Just make sure the oil feed for the turbo isn't kinked or clogged, or your other turbo could go bad too.

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
its definitely a bhg, took the turbo off and decided to look at the spark plugs also and there is a lake in my #3 cylinder, so now its time to start taking it apart again