weird temp. reading

chris1039

Jun 24, 2007
tucson, arizona
for the last few days i have noticed my temperature gauge was giving me ome weird readings.

when i accelerate over 4k rpm the temperature gauge starts to climb. if i take it to 6500 it goes past the red zone. but as soon as i let off the gauge goes right back to normal.
my engine doesn't seem to be overheating. but the radiator hose is super tight when it is warm.

any ideas.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Any coolant loss? I'd pressure test the system, and check for codes first. Any ideas on how old the thermostat is? I'd make sure your water pump is 100% as well. gl.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
chris1039;1217148 said:
for the last few days i have noticed my temperature gauge was giving me ome weird readings.

when i accelerate over 4k rpm the temperature gauge starts to climb. if i take it to 6500 it goes past the red zone. but as soon as i let off the gauge goes right back to normal.
my engine doesn't seem to be overheating. but the radiator hose is super tight when it is warm.

any ideas.

stop looking at the boost gauge.......haha jk....

chris1039

Jun 24, 2007
tucson, arizona
lol it moves just as fast as the boost gauge. and no coolant loss or milkshake oil and the engine never feels like its hot. the thermostat is new.

the guage moves so fast im thinking it the sensor or gauge screwing up.

oh yeah im only throwing code 11

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
You're probably grounding out the sensor wire somewhere. I'd check the harness from the connector back for broken or worn insulation on the individual wires.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If it grounds out it will peg hot, not gradually increase...

If the upper radiator hose is that hard, you might have other issues...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
chris1039;1217221 said:
oh yeah im only throwing code 11

"Only code 11"? ECU power interruption...the one that overrides and masks all other codes?

It doesn't have anything to do with your temp gauge problem, but that is one code that I would not be so nonchalant about.