weird clutch noise going on when i slip the clutch to get into first!

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
this started happening yesterday out of the blue. as i'm sure most of you know, my motor is built and the tranny is rebuilt. i have a ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch with the heavy duty pressure plate. i also have a fidanza flywheel. i have almost 4000 miles on the motor, tranny, and clutch now. the pilot and throwout bearing were new when i installed everything also.

so, here's exactly what's happening...when i'm slipping the clutch to get into first gear, there's a high pitched rubbing noise that makes me cringe! i can feel it in the pedal and in the shifter. i just noticed that it's starting to do it when i slowly slip the clutch like 4th to 5th i noticed today. there is no other noise when in gear or anything like that. it seems to only do it when i'm releasing the pedal, not depressing it. anyone have any suggestions or some similar problems???? it's very annoying and since i don't know exactly what's going on, i'm trying not to drive it as much. :1zhelp:

-t3d

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I think I have the exact same noise. Mine almost sounds like my tires are spinning. I have a Spec Stage II clutch. Its got about 2500 miles on it.