Weird 1jz question

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
I was building a 1jz for single turbo running e85.. but kind of gave up on the project.. so I have a quick questions.

My jz now has a driftmotion top feed fuel rail with Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors and BC 264 cams and cam gears installed. I was orignally going to run a pte 6262 with aem v2 standalone, but now sense i'm not to into the project any more would I be able to slap my stock twins back on and use the stock ecu? Or would the injectors and cams make it run like shit?

Just tired of it sitting in the garage with all new seals/gaskets and and not being used lol

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Yes it will not run . That large of Injector will fry the drivers. If it starts at all.

You will need stock injectors I have a set I can sell you and I also have the side feed rail if your interested let me know or a set of 440s and a safc to tune injectors and cam

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
525gte;1990263 said:
Yes it will not run . That large of Injector will fry the drivers. If it starts at all.

You will need stock injectors I have a set I can sell you and I also have the side feed rail if your interested let me know or a set of 440s and a safc to tune injectors and cam

Okay so If I put the stock rail/injectors back on.. will the stock ecu give me issues with having the cams/cam gears installed?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Maybe. Might be real rich idle . Might not go closed loop idle. Due to low vaccume. But will probably drive fine. Safc will also fix that

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
525gte;1990266 said:
Maybe. Might be real rich idle . Might not go closed loop idle. Due to low vaccume. But will probably drive fine. Safc will also fix that

Hmm okay thanks for the info.. I still have all the stock stuff so i'll throw the old rail and injectors back on.. just didn't want to have to change the cams again. I'll try it with them installed and see how it goes

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Not going to fry the Ecu. Just won't run good if at all. 550 is the biggest you want to go with stock 1jz Ecu. Anything after and it starts to run not so good.

264 will run fine with the stock Ecu. Just need to be degree'd and it might cause a loopy idle. Could try opening the throttle plate a little if it likes to stall.