Weezl wing ?

ms0072

Apr 12, 2007
nj
Anyone know if anyone is still making a targa brace ? Or if anyone has one for sale ?
I have a set of the original Dean Marcum targa bars from years back but they dont really help much at all, hoping to try a full brace like the weezl wing.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Think only 10 wezel wings were made and everyone that has one doesn't want to get rid it. Maybe seen a couple for sale but not often.

Beech sells some braces but it's a bar on each side. Don't know how they perform.

Seen some home made x braces.

If you have a welder wouldn't be hard to make.

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
I have one! They are pretty awesome and make a nifty spot to mount a gopro.
2rYhw.jpg

Pretty much the only reason I'd sell it is if I put in a roll cage in
They pop up every now and then in the for sale sections but as stated there are very few of them

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I just sold my extra one to someone in Canada. Unfortunately, they weren't very cheap and I bought an extra, so that the group buy would go through at the time. Had a lot of bites over the last few years, but no commitment 'til now. I also have a spare set of DM bars and tho they are effective, the WeezL wing is my favorite.

All of the custom crossbraces I've seen made, have come with the "This is too much work, I'll never do this again." type statement. Rajunz has one that his welder made, which allows the targa to still fit over it, when installed... I like this one too!

Good luck!!!

Joker Fuel

Jul 16, 2006
Bend, OR
It's been yeeeeears since I've been on here.. But due to unfortunate circumstances I had to sell my mk3(I'm still depressed over this) in 09. I do have a weezl wing that Pete personally delivered to me when he lived in Oregon. I have been keeping it around in the hopes that I'll be able to drive a mk3 again in the future.. But not sure when that's gonna happen....

I'm willing to part with my wing for the right price at this point for a good owner at this point. I only got to use it a few times due to the wonderful Oregon weather. Lol. Pm me if you're interested or if can post up a pic.

P.s. I miss going uphill@120

Joker aka ray

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2.5 using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Joker Fuel;1858147 said:
I'm willing to part with my wing for the right price at this point for a good owner at this point. I only got to use it a few times due to the wonderful Oregon weather. Lol. Pm me if you're interested or if can post up a pic.
Hey Ray, not to rain on any parades, but if you really want to sell your Weezl, please post an ad in the FS section (might not hurt to review the rules after all these years), that way we avoid the wrath of the mods in here. ;)

I always kinda wanted one myself, but given the short season of good weather here...

Joker Fuel

Jul 16, 2006
Bend, OR
te72;1858313 said:
Hey Ray, not to rain on any parades, but if you really want to sell your Weezl, please post an ad in the FS section (might not hurt to review the rules after all these years), that way we avoid the wrath of the mods in here. ;)

I always kinda wanted one myself, but given the short season of good weather here...

Lol its fine man. Realistically I really don't want to sell it since it's the last piece and hope of my mk3 dreams. But was just seeing if anyone was interested enough I might consider it.. Maybe

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2.5 using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Stick it out there for like $1000. If someone bites, you get a stack of cash. If not, you get to keep the dream alive. Win win either way, right? :)