ways to clean water jackets

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
I blew my headgasket the other day, i finally got around to replacing a new one on there. (I didn’t pull the engine, I just removed the head)
i haven't run the car yet and I drained everything the best I could, but I just remembered after I put my head on that theres a lot of wd40+brake cleaner and tiny bits of headgasket in my water jackets. I was wondering the best way to clean all that out. Do I just do a coolant flush? Should I add anything to the coolant?

ALSO, how do I get all the residual water out of the pan? Does seafoam work for that?

Thanks a bunch =)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
And drain the oil fill fresh. Then run for about 5-10 min and drain again and fill fresh.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
aite thanks, whats a blow gun? how do you use it? the head is already on btw.

i was thinking of spraying some carb cleaner onto my cams and the holes around it, fill it up with cheap oil, and draining like hvyman said. is spraying carb cleaner a good idea or no? thanks again

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
Stretch a piece of pantyhose over the top radiator inlet, then put the hose back on. When you start the engine, all that crap will be trapped there, so stop engine and clean it off a few times over the first 10 mins.
Just fill the engine with the cheapest engine oil you can find that meets the Toyota specs, run it for 20 mins, change oil AND filter, then go cheapo oil again and change after first 1000km again with another filter.
Don't put carb cleaner into your oil system.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
yongai27;1781402 said:
aite thanks, whats a blow gun? how do you use it? the head is already on btw.n

compressed air and this
4--Safety-Air-Blow-Gun_BH-4S-1.jpg