water sound behind dash

supisarethebest

bhg all day!!!!
Feb 19, 2009
rhode island
i had a bad radiator cap on and all this time ive allways heard the gurgling sound behind my dash,wich is obiously air in the system,i recently changed one of the rubber cooolant lines that is under the cps but not sure if it has anything to do with it,ive also bled the system a few times and its still the same,CAN ANYONE HELP!!

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
supisarethebest;1460449 said:
i had a bad radiator cap on and all this time ive allways heard the gurgling sound behind my dash,wich is obiously air in the system,i recently changed one of the rubber cooolant lines that is under the cps but not sure if it has anything to do with it,ive also bled the system a few times and its still the same,CAN ANYONE HELP!!

jack up the front of the car and burp the cooling system

veedubin

Official SM Decals
ilovemysupra;1460491 said:
jack up the front of the car and burp the cooling system

Until I got my supra, I thought Chevy was the only ones dumb enough to have to do this. I fought like hell for a week trying to bleed the air out of the system. Then I had a cavalier come in for some coolant work and did the "burp" while the nose was as high as it could go........ light bulb! Put the front end of the supra on a lift and burped the system, no more waterfalls! If you don't have a lift then some rally tall jack stands or a really steep hill. works like a charm.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha i've tried this forever, but still haven't gotten it. my waterfall noise happens when im mixing hot and cold (doesn't do it with the thermostat on 65 or 85, but everywhere between)

Last edited:

supisarethebest

bhg all day!!!!
Feb 19, 2009
rhode island
i just had the hg replaced about 6 months ago with Felpro hg and ARP studs,the car is pretty much stock and i wasnt boostin for a while cause i had some bad spark plugs.For the record..

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
gaboonviper85;1466885 said:
Jacking the car up in the front is kinda retarded in
my mind....the cooling system should purge air on it's own if in proper working order.

Agreed.

I've never done the whole burp thing except for when I first got my car.

I dont think I even did it right after my bhg. Just fill and run with heat full on. Air seems to get out of my system fine now that its in good working order.

supisarethebest

bhg all day!!!!
Feb 19, 2009
rhode island
lewis15498;1466896 said:
cmon what? Youve already been told what to do. Go burp your cooling system. Heat on full blast.

yeah thanks pal,ive done it 4 time and it goes away but then it comes back,so ive come to the conclusion that i might have a small bhg symptom

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
supisarethebest;1466952 said:
yeah thanks pal,ive done it 4 time and it goes away but then it comes back,so ive come to the conclusion that i might have a small bhg symptom

If it keeps coming back you probably do have a bhg or some other coolant loss issue. Address this immediately, and continuing to drive on it could result in a warped and/or annealed head.