Water pump bolts...Ffffffuuuuuuu.....

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I had my water pump fail on me and dump coolant all over the place, so I ordered a new pump along with all new belts to put in from Driftmotion. When D7M and I started into my engine bay to replace everything, we had already noticed that aside from the fluid that had gunked all over the pump and engine, it looked relatively brand new, along with all the belts. When Don went to put a socket on the water pump bolts, pretty much all of them were so loose that they could've been taken out by hand. Guess that was what my coolant issue had been all this time. :3d_frown:

Now, if this really is the case, then how the $%^& are we going to figure out if the bolts were EVER put back in correctly in the first place?! We are already disassembling the pump and carefully putting each bolt in the new housing as they line up with the old, but if the jacktard that did the work the first time lost count, then we'll basically be doing the exact same thing he did and not correcting anything. We're still proceeding with replacing all the stuff as a precaution, so it's not just a simple matter of tightening everything down and hope for the best (I spent the money, I'm making sure dammit!). The TSRM does not tell us which sized bolt goes in which hole.

Anybody know EXACTLY what goes where?