Water pooling up next to battery

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Water is pooling around my battery every time it rains. I removed my battery and tray and found rust starting to come through. Not good. How is water getting in there?? Battery is not leaking so I know it's not the battery. I've search too. Someone said that missing the black plastic piece could cause it. But never really got confirmed. Could water sneak by anywhere else?

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Jtsan;1839850 said:
Water is pooling around my battery every time it rains. I removed my battery and tray and found rust starting to come through. Not good. How is water getting in there?? Battery is not leaking so I know it's not the battery. I've search too. Someone said that missing the black plastic piece could cause it. But never really got confirmed. Could water sneak by anywhere else?

I have the same issue, i'm thinking it comes through the crack where the hood lines up with the light. I've been considering drill a small hole in the drip tray to let it drain out.

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Wouldn't it start pooling up on the passenger side too then?? I might drill a hole there as well for the time being. It's something until I can figure it out.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Do you have the seal that runs the length of your radiator support? Attaches to the hood...

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Yes. Seal is there and still intact. Ima have to see if I can find the black piece that goes behind the headlight. I noticed that I can see in between the hood and headlight when it's closed. Pretty sure water is coming in through there. Does anyone actually know if this peice redirects the water??