want to straight pipe 7mge

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
:icon_bigg so i want to straight pipe my 7mge i already have a cat delete with 2.5 inch pipeing to a resonatyeor and apexia muffler

my question is if i just went with a 2.5" straight pipe would their be any perfeomance loss or would their be a gain ?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's going to be loud and have a lot of drone open pipe.

Prolly wouldn't. Price much going straight pipe either.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Dumb idea for anything other than a dedicated track car. It'll be loud, annoying and obnoxious. On top of all that, it's completely useless.

Instead of the straight pipe, how about you get a high-flow cat? It'll make the car sound better, reduce drone and wont decrease performance at all...

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
okay i dont have a CAT just 2.5" piping to a muffler and small resonator
so not going to put a HF cat on i no longer need emissions my car is already loud so i dont see how being any louder would hurt

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
the performance question has been addressed all ready no more needless replies ...and im just saying im not looking for any real performance gains on my 7mge

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
Listen im assuming you want to drift your na supra and let me tell you something your me 8 months ago lol if you really want an exhaust that makes hp you guna have to pay stupid for na exhaust and since the 7m is rather already developed out of the factory and even if you did youd only gain 10-15 hp. With that being said you have two 3 options, 1. Buy a 7M-GTE OR GO NA-T and you can straight pipe and backfire all day. 2. Buy a expensive ass shiny metal also loud thing that wont actually gain you hp just makes noise or 3. go to jegs like you were anyway buy exhaust pipe and just stick that shit out the back and tear up your down at night. lol

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
TBH i can drift my Na without a problem just got to be going a decent speed when its dry ... and i am going to do a 7mgte swap im waiting for a chance to buy one since they are nearly impossible to find

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
I have a flowmaster and a test pipe and its loud and has the classic car rattle to it. My cat was plugged when I got the car, so I don't know how much power over stock it makes. I did test it without the cat-back and it was obnoxiously loud with no additional power gains over what i'm running. Do yourself a favor and don't straight pipe it.

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
honestly for drifting i wouldnt go 7mgte not sure what but something about them maybe its the stress but at the past couple drift events ive ben to some the mk3s there were over heating but the na's ran fine lol except one legit blew the fuck up haha. but yeah drifting a 7mge isnt hard and its fun so stick with it man im here with ya haha

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
suprarx7nut;1850848 said:
Dumb idea for anything other than a dedicated track car. It'll be loud, annoying and obnoxious. On top of all that, it's completely useless.

Instead of the straight pipe, how about you get a high-flow cat? It'll make the car sound better, reduce drone and wont decrease performance at all...

totally agree with suprarx7nut. I notice a slight improvement in performance when I upgrade my exhaust to 3in pipping with high flow cat and it sounds fairly aggressive without going overboard.