Walbro Pump Differences -- SRT-4 Neon vs. MKIII Supra

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
I've been thinking of replacing the fuel pump in the Supra while it's down, and I'm most likely going to drop the tank to drain the gas anyway...figured while I was in there, and since I don't know if it was done with the previous owner and their half-assed upgrades/repairs to the car...

Anyway, I bought a Walbro 255 for an SRT-4 Neon to use in my truck about 3-4yrs ago, but ended up going a different route....so, I'm never going to use the Walbro for the truck. My main question is, aside from connector differences, are there any other glaring differences between the two pumps (body size, inlet/outlet placement and/or size, etc.)? Or is that pretty much the only difference? I was thinking of using this pump in the Supra since I had it, and if the electrical connector is the only difference, I can get around that (was going to have to anyway with the truck IIRC).

Thanks,

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
im not 100% sure, but i think the walbro pump is a universal fit item.

but since the car is down anyways, pull the pump and look at the 2 side by side. (your walbro vs stock.) if it looks like it fits, go for it

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Well, got a definitive answer straight from Walbro:

Hello Justin,
Thank you for the inquiry. The GCA761-2 will not work for the Dakota or your Supra. What you would need for the Supra is the GSS341 (255 lph HP pump + 400-760 installation kit). The GCA761-2 is not the correct pump or kit and will not work for your vehicles.

If you need to purchase the recommended pump and kit please contact our national distributor, The VE Petersen Company, at 800-537-6212 and they can tell you who in your area has this item.

I hope this information was helpful. Have a great day!

So, looks like I'll just throw the neon pump kit on ebay and just buy the proper pump kit....mystery solved...lol. Thanks for the input though guys.