W55 in a mk3?

Cp2295

Aug 8, 2016
Camas wa
Hey my w58 is going to shit in my mk3 and i found a real good condition w55 for $50. Would it fit? I know my bellhousing will bolt on and all but just curious if the clutch will fit, and if the shifter will be in the right location..? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EEPerformance17

Oct 19, 2017
US
Hey my w58 is going to shit in my mk3 and i found a real good condition w55 for $50. Would it fit? I know my bellhousing will bolt on and all but just curious if the clutch will fit, and if the shifter will be in the right location..? Thanks

It's the same transmission, just different gearing I believe. The clutch will fit for sure. Not sure about shifter position. You can always swap shifter housings from your w58

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cp2295

Aug 8, 2016
Camas wa
Wow quick reply lol. And i figured as much, i thought they were the same length and all that as far as input to output shaft. Just different gearing and shifter positions. W58s are hard to come by around here for some reason

I got an r154 sitting in the garage but i gotta save up for the clutch pushrod assembly bs and then a clutch and flywheel.. This 1j loves blowing Ws up hahha

EEPerformance17

Oct 19, 2017
US
Wow quick reply lol. And i figured as much, i thought they were the same length and all that as far as input to output shaft. Just different gearing and shifter positions. W58s are hard to come by around here for some reason

I got an r154 sitting in the garage but i gotta save up for the clutch pushrod assembly bs and then a clutch and flywheel.. This 1j loves blowing Ws up hahha

Yeah you can thank the Tapatalk App for that. Push notifications ftw lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk