Volt gage reads low, where is the ground?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
My volt gage reads low (has been for 2 years now) and its about time i fix a couple of the small issues with the car. The gage reads at about 12-12.5 volts and drops significantly when the blinkers are used.

It has been reading like that ever since I have had the car. I put in a 1JZ, but I don't know if the problem started then or earlier.

My charging system works just fine, so it must be a bad/dirty ground. Where should I check? any ideas?

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I saw it on a car with running fog lights. try upgrading your alternator wire for a good 4ga. and clean all the grounds on intake mani that come off the harness and run a few new grounds right from the negative terminal to the dash area. Ground doesn't go through all the welds (body) that well, as far as i heard, its always better to have a wire path to the negative terminal from the most vital components and just in general.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Thanks for the replys :)

My charge is fine, but the gage was just reading off. I was in the gage cluster tonight and I zero'ed out the needle. It seems to be working much better now. ^^