VIS Carbon Fiber Hood?

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Anyone have one? I'm seriously thinking of spending the money on one, but would like some feedback before I do/don't. Not a fan of the open slashes on the right/left of it, but it does look like it has a higher than stock center cowl "scoop" that I think would look pretty badass. Your thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supra-86-92...ra&hash=item33718b5910&vxp=mtr#ht_2807wt_1163

86TYSUP2DAMS-010C_01.jpg

5x3ekw.jpg

I did find this post from two years ago -- anyone buy one since then?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?130691-New-CF-Hood-for-MKIII

Last edited:

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
bloodasp90;1865415 said:
you should read the entire posting.. yeah.. dosnt look so good..

Yeah -- the entire thread was people who didn't have one, but "may" have dealt with VIS in the past. The thing about opinions is, they're like assholes -- everyone has one. I'm looking for someone who actually has or had this hood or for sure has dealt with VIS in the past. One person towards the end of the thread said they were going to buy one, but then never reported back about it. That same person went on to create a Top Secret repro of his own and sold them off to board members. I'd expect fitment issues -- EVERY after market hood, whether it be in fiberglass, steel, plastic, whatever... has fitment issues per application. Peoples fenders and nose pieces aren't all aligned the "same", even from the factory -- that's why there are provisions for adjustments. If the hood is WAAAAAAY outta whack, that's what I'm looking to hear. Not opinions from people who have never had one, or have never dealt with VIS products in the past.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hotwheelsjr;1865540 said:
...still not a big fan of those slash vents. Without them, I'd be all over it...I do like the raised cowl scoop.
Talk to Marcus with Central Composites (check the group buy section for the raised cowl CF hoods), he made a handful of them for our cars, and people seem to like them. :)

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Te 72 Do you have picture of your hood installed?

Marcus doesn't have the mold for the hood any more, he made a mod for the last hood that he still has. I think he made vented rasied hood so he no longer has just a raised hood, it now a vented hood.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ahh, he must have made all the hoods for you guys without the vents, and then modified the mold for my hood. Koenigturbo, I do not have my hood just yet, I'll send Marcus a message and see where he is at with the process. I know mine has been a huge pain in the butt for him. :p