Viper Alarm issue

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
I would put this in audio but I really need help.

I had the Supra in the Garage for winter work. I backed it out Sunday to use the garage for other things. I armed the alarm and went about my business.

Now the remote will NOT disarm the alarm. There has to be a way to trigger the valet mode at least to be able to disarm the alarm. Im tearing the house up looking for the instructions but so far the user manual is worthless.

The remote has a new battery and is functional. It vibrates that it is not reaching the car. The car led is flashing and the alarm goes off when I put the car into 'on' which is where I have to put it to add a remote. I dont know what happened but the car is putting a lot of hate my way lately.

It is a Viper 5900 SST responder system. I have had it installed over a year and its been fine. Is there a way to get the remote back in 'synch"?

Please help.

V

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
The instruction says that the remote will sync its self after a few tries. maybe your sending/recieving unit got wet or something else and not recieving a signal.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Pernilongo;1219094 said:
The instruction says that the remote will sync its self after a few tries. maybe your sending/recieving unit got wet or something else and not recieving a signal.

Its located in the same position as the old stock alarm on a bracket. Everything looks and feels fine up there.

I pressed the lock button a bunch of times to no use.

V

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Its not looking good. I went under the dash no issues to see. The alarm refuses to see the remote. I cant get the valet button to disarm it either.

DEI tech told me to turn the key to 'on' and hit the button and turn it to 'off'. Well that sets the alarm off real nice.

The leds are working and the sensors. Its also nice and loud. So loud. Im starting to not care about the alarm though as not one person looked out a window while I was under the dash with a flashlight looking for any issues..

Im going to pull the brain this weekend and see if that resets the friggin thing. I just need it to disarm.

V

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Well, I talked to DEI (viper) and the second I took it out of the box the warranty was void. She stated that consumer installed alarms are not covered even though this is in no way an install issue.

The alarm has been installed since April of 07. No issues other than the remote eats batteries for breakfast.

**Whats interesting is I had been looking for replacement remotes and they run upwards of 100$. I found the whole alarm with free shipping for 175$ at Audio Dimension.com for this cost I can afford to have spare parts instead of 575$ installed at 'best buy'. Im still way below alarm cost at that store.

Im just going to swap out the brains and go with having a new spare remote. It will also give me spare starter relay and antenna.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
vdragonmpc;1220052 said:
Well, I talked to DEI (viper) and the second I took it out of the box the warranty was void. She stated that consumer installed alarms are not covered even though this is in no way an install issue.

The alarm has been installed since April of 07. No issues other than the remote eats batteries for breakfast.

**Whats interesting is I had been looking for replacement remotes and they run upwards of 100$. I found the whole alarm with free shipping for 175$ at Audio Dimension.com for this cost I can afford to have spare parts instead of 575$ installed at 'best buy'. Im still way below alarm cost at that store.

Im just going to swap out the brains and go with having a new spare remote. It will also give me spare starter relay and antenna.

Call me I'm a directed dealer. I can probably walk you thru it over the phone.(732)814-7312. If not I can help with warraty. I've got the remote start for sale thread in misc. vendors.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
toyo4life;1220145 said:
Call me I'm a directed dealer. I can probably walk you thru it over the phone.(732)814-7312. If not I can help with warraty. I've got the remote start for sale thread in misc. vendors.

If I can get this covered under warranty that would be great! I am right now just thinking that I can use this old one as a parts set as they seem to be selling these at quite a discount so now I see a 5901 model at a higher price.

V

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
toyo4life;1220145 said:

Guess what started working today?

I put some towels around the horn so I could work with it and not feel pressured about the racket it finally disarmed with the valet button.

Its still a bit off though. Im going to have to find something to re-glue the antenna as I pulled it down to check it. I had to re-add the remote and it responded to commands again.

Very wierd to act like that.

V