Victor Reinz Nitroseal headgasket instead of MLS. Okay?

D51208

Apr 22, 2014
Oswego
I'm looking to do the headgasket on my 7mgte. I am looking at a victor Reinz Nitroseal headgasket from rockauto. https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2654710&cc=1278468&jnid=479&jpid=5

Stays cool at temperatures up to 1,800° F
• Doesn't know how to relax... no re-torque required
• Maximum heat transfer keeps your head (& manifold) straight
• Coolant, fuel and oil... no problem
• Designed to seal minor surface irregularities

I do not have the funds to bring my entire block to the machine shop to have the deck blocked, nor the money to do a bottom end rebuild. I will not be pushing much more than stock boost and I will not be bringing it past fuel cut for sure. I have a pair of used ARP headbolts that I received in a trade that I am looking to use with it. I'm just looking to get the car up and running as a daily. I will get the head machined if it is out of spec from TSRM.

Is this headgasket gonna blow on me after a few thousand miles or will it last about oem time? Any reviews for this headgasket in particular?

I would be re-sealing the rest of the engine via TSRM and whatever gaskets come in the Mishumoto ebay kit.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was thinking about using one of those for my next rebuild. I onced used a felpro gasket with no re-torque on stock Toyota head bolts with an upgraded turbo running 15psi and it held up for a few years before #1 piston decided to break its ringlands. When I took the engine apart the headgasket looked good. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Ca104

Jan 20, 2015
Dayton ohio
If you want to try it I actually have this exact head gasket still in the plastic, I bought the victor reinz head kit and just didn't use the head gasket. If you are running na this gasket will last you a good long while

D51208

Apr 22, 2014
Oswego
SupraPowaz, that is certainly good to hear, thanks for the feedback!

Ca104, how much are you looking for it? It'll have some boost, but not a lot!