Very strange proplem with 1jz

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
So my car will start and idle fine but once i step on the gas and it hits 2500 rpm it cuts out and dies sometimes. I have two codes a 12 and 14 on both my ecu the stock one and my mines. Any help would be greatly apreicated.

Last edited:

kozzman555

Sep 8, 2009
Ft. Benning, GA
if you've got the stock ECU in your 1jz (especially the JZA70) then pull it out, open it up and see if there is some black shit under the capacitors. that's what mine was doing and my ecu was bad. the 1jz is well known for having this problem. Driftmotion will repair your ecu if that is the issue

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
Understand that but what i dont get is my car started acting up when i had the mines plugged in. Not trying to say that thats not the proplem i just think its kinda of weird that both ecu's show the same codes that's all.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
If both are sharing the same codes, then it's probably because the engine is having the same problem on both ECU

code 12: RPM signal or Knock sensor signal

code 14: Turbo pressure or ignition signal

wiring check out okay?

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
Where is the Knock sensor on the 1jz. Anothe question is do the 1j and 2js share the same cps, and i havent checked the wiring yet. should have put this in the first post when it cuts out it also leans out.

Last edited: