Very mint ma70

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I paid more than that for a 1jz converted 86.5 and the paint was stuffed , the interior was worn and it rattled like a can of paint.lol (sucker born every minute) guess i figure a paint job these days is over $5,000. so $6500 isn't much if the interior is looked after and by the looks in the photos the rear lights aren't faded like most i've seen.
Still like to see it in person.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yes a paint job costs a few grand, but I personally don't see that as a good enough reason to pay an over-inflated price for a 23 year old car.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yep, exactly!

Recently, some idiot on the Aus forums was asking $4500 for a high km NA... All because it had some stupid chameleon paint job... Lucky for him he found some woman dumb enough to buy it for the asking price.

Last edited:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Lucky im not into chameleon paint.lol Yeah everyone has different things they find important in a car i suppose. I just dont really care about the engine or g/box, to me i'll pull it out anyway.
Ian i'm guessing it has 1000klms on the engine, be a real treasure if it had that in total.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Seen that one a while ago Les, but somthing about it is fishy. He claims a 10 sec run on street tyres with a manual box and that sounds very suss.
If it was straight up and no bullshit though it would be a bargain.

Mk3Les

wiseco7mgt;1422601 said:
Seen that one a while ago Les, but somthing about it is fishy. He claims a 10 sec run on street tyres with a manual box and that sounds very suss.
If it was straight up and no bullshit though it would be a bargain.

Yeah I know what you mean, having said that it looks the goods but I wouldnt buy a pair of shoes with out trying them on so there is no way I'd pay 11k on a car from ebay.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sorry, had a crazy couple days at work.

I know I have seen that car before though... Or at least a VERY similar one.

I know a similar car was written off after the Newcastle floods and parted out earlier this year - in its past life, it was a show car with the same colour paint and identical interior.

So, so weird!