valve tick

omfgitsdonovan

Laag master
Jul 23, 2008
Burlington,WA
i have valve tick and could valve tick make a slight nocking noise in the head? casue i was listning very closely and could hear what sounded like it but i could only hear audiably in the head

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
sure, larger valve clearances will make a tick or clack from the head. Take a screwdriver and put the tip on the valve cover, put the butt end up to your ear and you should be able to hear right inside that cover. The clearances are adjustable via shims.

omfgitsdonovan

Laag master
Jul 23, 2008
Burlington,WA
well ive checked the clearences and they were all in clearance not saying they were but the mechanic said that so i went for his word maybe just worn shims?? lol im new to valves.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Check the torque on your cam saddles. I had this exact problem when my torque wrench took a dump. I had not got them tight enough and it made that exact same knock sound.

I'd bet the farm that's what your problem is.

TooRandom

Jun 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
i bet a few's just loose. you'd have to adjust your valves. threres a valve adjusting tool with a whole bunch of thickness' that you'd have to use. its pretty simple and easy.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Loose cam saddles will produce a very noticable and noisy knock. Also is it a knock or a click? 7M heads do make a clicking noise when in working order, just how they are.