Valve cover gasket leak!

Weeves

is here to learn
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
I recently replaced my valve cover gaskets too. The intake side was leaking real bad at the back, the oil was leaking all over my starter and dripping onto the ground. Was also pooling up on the indents on the side of head.

I took the covers off and put a nice coat of Permatex RTV silicone all around. Put the covers back on, tightened the bolts, now theres no leaks anywhere.

p1443233_1.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The valve cover gaskets can be tricky on the 7M. Mine are leaking badly now after 25k miles. You shouldn't have to put RTV all around, but rather just in the front on the corners.

Although I may have to try putting it all around if another set of gaskets start failing on me.

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
I used some blue RTV sealant for mine, worked GREAT!!!, cept makes ur shit look ugly, also take them shitty ass screws over to lowes or home depo, and get replacements, cost like $4 and about 10 minutes of your time to replace them all. The valve cover gasket on my 186,000 mile cressida was still looked brand new, all i did was goop RTV along the edge and slapped em on real careful.

Last edited: