Vacuum rerouting for ffim, will it work?

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Can someone revise this? I am going megasquirt next month and will also be getting my ffim flanged to fit what I deleted but I need a quick fix to get my car over to my new house

Ok I made this diagram

from this
p1470010_1.gif

to this
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Explained:

My bvsv is broken, so I will be excluding it until I get it replaced.

The pressure regulator goes to a T, one end to the stock location, the other to the vsv closest to the firewall to fill the empty vac from the egr delete.

The vac that comes off the metal pipe that leads to the throttle body will lead to the ffim.

The union goes to the stock location, what I was thinking was to connect my blow off valve to where the stock bypass valve goes and where the IAC port went to the vacuum that the ffim offers for the bov

Can someone please revise and help me out a little

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Here's my revised edition. It should be easier to set up than what you had. If there are extra ports open, just cap them off for the time being.
When you do get a new BVSV, you need to hook it's vacuum source up to a timed vacuum port, not a constant vacuum port. Time ported vacuum is when there's no vacuum when the throttle is closed, but there is vacuum when the throttle is opened up a bit.

Also, how many vacuum ports are on your FFIM or do you have a picture? There is an even easier way to do this if you have enough spots on the manifold. Good luck!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
thats great.. thanks alot! my ffim has 4 vacs, one on the front before the throttle for bov, one on the back for brake booster, one on the back for heater (i think.. it connects to a T) and one more for stock vacuum... 2 are big for bov and booster and the other 2 are small... i am browsing from my phone at work right now but ill give you a better idea when i get home

btw... i will no longer need the union? correct me if im wrong but doesnt that run to the other side of the engine to a valve and then to the intake?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I think you're mistaking the union for the air control valve. The union screws into the front of the stock manifold, and the air control valve mounts to the power steering pump, under the accordian hose. The union joint is the large, hollow fitting on the front of the stock manifold that is the source of constant vacuum to the vacuum tree (supplies vacuum the the PS air control valve, BOV, EGR and Fuel press up VSV's).

Here's another way to hook up the vacuum, it is much cleaner, and eliminates the large stock vacuum tree.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
ok so i no longer have the union,thats what i meant to cross out in my original picture. i forgot to let you know i am no longer using the stock throttle body... the one i have has no vac ports. is there any other way to hook up the bvsv? thanks again for the help

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I just left the TB on the picture to provide continuity for future postings/readers. The canister purge line shoud be run so it can release the vapors somewhere safe, so I would recommend piping the canister to somewhere more convienient like a fender well. Using a smaller canister will help it fit more places, too. But be sure to keep the canister connected to the vapor line from the tank (it's the big line) so you aren't dumping fuel vapors where they could cause problems.