Vacuum overload?

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Is it possible to over use a single manifold vacuum/pressure port? I am currently running my boost gauge, BOV, and AFPR off the vacuum port on the back of the intake. I still need to hook up my MAP sensor...is it cool to splice in another T and run it on the same series? I've tested (with a vac gauge) most other ports I thought were manifold vacuum/pressure and discovered some were totally dead and others were venturi vacuum (the two on top of the throttle body)...only creating vacuum when the throttle body is cracked open. My wastegate and boost controller are controlled by a port straight off my turbo compressor. Is there a better place I should tap my MAP to? Thanks!

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I wouldn't T off for any of the afpr, bov. They need their own port IMO. And think of it this way, you T off on the afpr, and the diaphragm goes out in it....your bov/ic pipes are now filled with fuel. And since your boost gauge is tied in, it will no be full as well. I've always designated a single vacuum source for each of those, just in case.

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Got it -- now the question would be where do you source multiple vacuum connections to? Tap new individual nipples on the intake? The only reliable vacuum source I have found is the one nipple on the back of the intake. What am I missing?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
KicknAsphlt;1831988 said:
Buy a vacuum manifold/block

Won't the this have the same effect if something goes wrong with the fuel as a bunch of Ts spliced in? This seems to make it a bit easier for the junk to be distributed. I get the idea and I have been looking into getting one for my car, but I'm rather worried about choosing the correct one. I have seen them on flea bay with a ton of different fittings, and it looks like the main inlet is larger then the outlet ports on those blocks. Is this something to worry about when deciding which one to go with?

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
91Supra313;1832029 said:
Won't the this have the same effect if something goes wrong with the fuel as a bunch of Ts spliced in? This seems to make it a bit easier for the junk to be distributed. I get the idea and I have been looking into getting one for my car, but I'm rather worried about choosing the correct one. I have seen them on flea bay with a ton of different fittings, and it looks like the main inlet is larger then the outlet ports on those blocks. Is this something to worry about when deciding which one to go with?

LOL...after I answered "DUH" earlier, I left and thought about the same thing. The distribution block doesn't isolate the ports from each other, so if the AFPR blows it's diaphragm, it's still going to distribute gas to everything attached to the block. I think I'll run my AFPR off the small port on the back of the manifold and everything else off my brake booster line. That will at least isolate the AFPR from the rest of my vacuum accessories.