Vaccum Leak?

GREYTXTURBO

Jun 4, 2005
san marcos, tx
www.cardomain.com
well i am stupid. last weekend i had my car detailed and yes stupid me had the motor sprayed off. the same day i had it done it ran fine, then i let it sit for a day without using it. when monday came i started it and it reved up like a high idle around 2k, i reved it more and it came back down and then started jumping up and down, goin from under 1k and up to 2k never stopping. ne of u guys have the same problem or know what is causing this? i work at a toyota dealer in the service part but its a smaller dealership so less budget, and none of the techs are familiar with supras at all and we dont have ne books on them so they arent much help. a couple of the techs said it was a vaccum leak but we checked it over real good and didnt see any loose hoses. any help will be appreciated.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
That would be water in the spark plug valleys. Use some compressed air and dry rags to dry it out. Be sure to dry out the inside of the spark plug boot as well.

GREYTXTURBO

Jun 4, 2005
san marcos, tx
www.cardomain.com
well i took all the stuff off over the valley cleaned it, wiped it off, sprayed some throttle body cleaner in the tb and its still doing the same exact thing, and oh yeah yes its a turbo. maybe the afm? i just wanna fix it cuz its getting annoying at stop lights with the revving and everyone thinks im doin it.