V mount my radiator...........

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
anyone done it? I saw a MK4 from Twins Turbo do it. My rad/core support looks like crap........so figure I could cut out the part which is bad. Make some rad stand offs and lean it back a little. I think it would look pretty god and solve my issue with the fugly support.

Thoughts?

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
bonylad;2037685 said:
anyone done it? I saw a MK4 from Twins Turbo do it. My rad/core support looks like crap........so figure I could cut out the part which is bad. Make some rad stand offs and lean it back a little. I think it would look pretty god and solve my issue with the fugly support.

Thoughts?

also leaning back your radiator a little isn't really "V-mount"

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Are the cooling fins on an actual v mount rad 90 degrees? Or are they tilt off angle to account?

I've never had the opportunity to inspect an OEM v-mount

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
seoul4korea;2037763 said:
also leaning back your radiator a little isn't really "V-mount"

Yeah, true. It would be a way of being different and fixing an issue the car has. IDK where in the hell to buy a core support. If I could find one cheap enough Id just do that.......HELP!

Figured.....well I said lean it back but what I meant was forward and make brackets for the intercooler to fit that......

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Eh, I would find someone parting out a car to cut a piece out to replace your rather then do that. Radiator support is what ties the front frame rails together.

I don't think you have anything to gain by making a tube crossmenber other then cosmetics. There isn't much room to lean the radiator back unless you kick the bottom mounts forward substantially. I think your easiest course of action is to find a wrecked car and cut out the section you need and weld it into your body carefully.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That pic is not v mount. Not even close.

This is v mount.

p2038238_1.jpg

p2038238_2.jpg

p2038238_3.jpg