V-Band Downpipe

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
Where can I find one? and if that's not possible then where can I find the stuff to make one...I've searched the forum all over and got nuthin...there is no place that can do mandrel bends within 2hrs of where i live so im outta luck here too...any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
Ok, now I have a question, not to hijack the thread, but since it seems to go with this topic. Is there a performance issue with using vband vs. flanged pipes? Is there less likelihood for an exhaust leak? I assume that with a vband clamp there is no way to really use any sort of gasket mating anyway.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
There CAN be a slight performance increase. When installing flanged pipes you can get them off center of each other when bolting them up and that can disrupt the exhaust flow, plus you have to use gaskets that will leak over time. V-band is dead on centered each time and gasketless with a great seal ;).

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
Damn you guys! :thefinger Now that's more money that I want to spend upgrading!

Cool, thanks for the quick and elegant explanation.

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
Kyle87T said:
Those 3.5"-4" DP's 935 is selling, are they for the ct-26 or are made for a T4 setup?

SuperTroopers-trailer_19.jpg

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
starscream5000 said:
What turbo are you using? I'm not sure if that downpipe they offer is for a CT based turbo or not...

If you were asking me, im currently rebuilding my engine due to bhg for the 2nd time(last time i didnt have the $$ for a steel hg) and im planning on upgrading everything except for pistons and rods(getting brand new stock ones from a friend for free). I've been lookin at gt35r turbos and im leaning towards them. All I know is that i want sumthing capable of 500hp(even though Im not planning on making that much right away) and i've already bought a lex afm, pte 550cc injectors, emanage blue with all harnesses, cometic hg, greddy timing belt, amfpr, walbro, wideband o2, and all arp hardware.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I would go with a stepping design on the exhaust with a setup like that: Start with a 3" V-band DP, then to a 3.5"v-band test pipe, fitted to a 3.5" or 4" v-band exhaust ;).

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
well i bought a full 3" cooleeze exhaust system when I first bought the car and i plan on keeping that, but when I get it all done and if dont like it i'll prolly try something like that. thx a lot