Using WB in place of stock O2 sensor on a 1JZ...

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I'm in the process of finishing up my single install and am trying to detemine if I can use my PLX WB to replace the factory 02 sensor all together.

In the searching I've done, on mostly 7M related stuff, it is doable but a resistor is needed for the ECU to see the signal of the heater wire, correct? And, then the NB wire from my WB goes to the ECU's O2 sensor input?

What if anything is different when doing this on a 1JZ, and if any of you guys have done this how do you like it, how does the car run? I'll be doing this on an upgraded stock ECU, with E-manage tuning it, if that helps any?

Also, one of the other main reasons for wanting to do it this way is because, I don't have an 02 right now. I had wired in a Mustang screw in, when using my custom 12b setup, when I traded that setup off I sent the 02 with it. So, I just have the plug off the engine harness but, no 02 sensor plug therefore I can't wire in another Ford 02. If that makes sense, it's been a super long and hectic day......

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
on my 1j im using and innovative and with the nb output its gives a code for o2 heater circuit. seems to not run bad because of it but i would like to find a resistor trick or somthing. the book says to simply leave the stocker inplace so it wont throw a code. well im not really into a heated o2 sensor hanging out in my engine bay