Using a piggyback fuel controller in conjunction with Maft-pro??

dylansword

Aug 10, 2011
boise id
Hey y'all. Right now I am using Maft pro. Mainly so I don't have to use a afm. And I have heard that Maft pro. Is terrible for tuning fuel. So my question is, can I keep using the Maft pro, so I don't have an afm, and also use something to tune, and adjust fuel? If so, what would work best? Thanks in advance.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
pretty sure maft pro eliminates the need for a piggy back, sounds like the tuner didn't know what they were doing. I'd look around for more information because I don't see a stand-alone being worse then a piggy-back ever.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Maft Pro is a piggyback.

Exept for AEM F/IC which insert directly in injectors and ignition signal, all other I know (Maft Pro, MapECU, SAF-C) work the same for fuel: they modify the MAF signal to let the ECU think more or less air enter the engine.

Piggybacking a piggyback is nonsense .

Just read the manual, forums, and tune it correctly.

supra13's

Banned
Oct 20, 2009
Boonville, Indiana
The maft-pro setup, when tuned properly has been proven to work well on 500+ rwhp cars. If yours isn't working right there's something not setup right. What is the car doing to make you think it's not working correctly?

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Everything I have read tells me the MAFT Pro is as close as you can get to stand alone from a piggyback. Either something is wrong with your setup, or the person tuning didn't know what they were doing. But using a piggyback on a piggyback just sounds stupid.
-AM3

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Another MkIII;1940028 said:
Everything I have read tells me the MAFT Pro is as close as you can get to stand alone from a piggyback. Either something is wrong with your setup, or the person tuning didn't know what they were doing. But using a piggyback on a piggyback just sounds stupid.
-AM3

Enough said its a wrap!