URG MOTHER F*%$#*

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
:icon_mad: So today fucking sucked, I was driving home from the store, and I was on a small industrial road, it was pouring out hardcore, couldnt see anything, and the road had about 2 inches of water on it, because of how hard it was raining, I moved out of the way for another car going the other direction, and my rear tires are bald, so when I moved over I hit a big puddle, the car started to hyroplane, and next thing you know, I fly into the curb, I ripped a big piece off my sawblades, ruined the tire, and my shit is messed up, I am not exactly shure what the part is, it looks like a sway bar, but since I do see another sway bar I didnt know if that is also a sway bar, it is completly bent so my suspension was cocked to one side quite a bit, I would please like to know if you guys could get me the name of the bar, It is in the rear, and it is what is connected on the lower part of the stabilizer bar? Sorry for the long thread, but DAMN am i pissed. And I had looked on the TSRM, but I couldnt find the name. thanks Ricardo

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Damn dude, that sucks ass. Well, if you need another sawblade and you can't get one local, let me know. You can have it free, you just pay for the shipping.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
hope everything else around that is okay, frame included. i did that once and from then on had problems w/ alignments.. something was damaged t hat wouldn't allow them to properly align it after that.. really sucked.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Good thing someone would probably be willing to give you free sawblades and stock swaybars are cheap,.....but it would be a time to upgrade if you wanted...

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
The weather was pretty bad today, Its too bad Ricardo that I dont have any extra wheels but their is a junkyard close by and I might go their tomorrow morning and see if they have any Supras in and if they do I will see if I can get you a wheel.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
How come there's a thread about people crashing everyone month and then you read the post and they mention how their tires were bald.

Are your tires really bald and you're a cheap ass or are you just saying that because you're driving skills suck ass?

you can get all weather tires for $140. That's probably cheaper than what you're going to pay to fix that.

Post pictures of the damage so that we can help you figure out what you might need to pick up at the junkyard.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
mkIIIman089 said:
To REALLY make sure it will hydroplane?

Do you really believe that good 255 width wet weather tire will hydroplane before a cheap bald stock tire will?

I think that "my car hydroplaned" is more often used an an excuse for "I lost control of my vehicle because I was driving much too fast for the road conditions". It's not easy to get a 3600lb Supra to actually hydroplane. It's very easy to get it to oversteer in poor road conditions, and then blame it on the tires.

But hey, if you guys want to put 195 width tires on your Supra so it will not hydroplane then be my guest.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Okay, so he's an idiot, was going too fast, fucked up and crashed his car. I have no problem agreeing with that.

Wider tires will hydroplane more readily then thinner ones of the same condition and model. Him saying he hydroplaned and your response is to put some really wide tires on it, doesn't make any sense.

I personally have never had any problems losing traction due to road conditions, rain, snow, whatever.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I pretty much discounted hydroplaning as the real cause of the accident from the beginning. And 255 isn't even wide, I don't run less then a 275 on the back of mine, but that's mostly because a 225 would just light up in a straight line in dry weather.

And I didn't call him an idiot, you did. People make mistakes, doesn't mean he's an idiot. No need for name calling, we're just having a discussion.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
255 is significantly wider then stock, I don't really care what you run as its irrelevant. Unless you're indirectly trying to show off, then I still don't care. ;)

I did call him an idiot quite intentionally, I doubt this is his 1st mistake.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
mkIIIman089 said:
255 is significantly wider then stock, I don't really care what you run as its irrelevant. Unless you're indirectly trying to show off, then I still don't care. ;)

I did call him an idiot quite intentionally, I doubt this is his 1st mistake.

WOW, take it easy bud. Like Aaron said, everyone makes mistakes. I am sure even you have done something stupid once or twice, I know i have.

Oh yeah, check this out www.driftmotion.com

You will see that Aaron has no reason to show off, especially in this thread. ;)