Upper ball joints / control arms

GT400

Its a secret.
Jun 29, 2005
Oak Ridge / Knoxville, TN
I did some searching already but didnt find much out there. after 220k miles, my upper ball joints a clunking around over every bump. i know they are integrated into the upper control arms. Has anyone found a better, less expensive alternative to new ones from toyota? I've seen a couple custom set-ups done, and would consider doing the same if its price economical.

Thanks in advance for the help,
D

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
local autoparts store. napaonline got cool prices. ebay if your really needing it cheap.. theres places. our vendors on here could hook you up.

GT400

Its a secret.
Jun 29, 2005
Oak Ridge / Knoxville, TN
i did find some special order at a local parts store, but still at $270 a piece, which hurts. i was just hoping someone had a secret hook up or better solution.

casgallo

Not a lurker :)
Apr 3, 2005
New York
Yes, front ball upper joints go bad all the time... I called the local napa and they said they didn't show any for our supras.... though mistakes are made :) (I also checked napa online and found nothing.)

RockAuto best pricing as of yet?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
3p141592654;1294086 said:
Are you sure the uppers are bad? Usually the lowers are the ones that fail as they support the full weight of the car. The uppers only locate the carrier.

might explain the design then, good info