Upgraded CT26 Info

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
as far as i know he still doesn't have the equipment to port out turbos for a bigger wheel.. he can do everything else though

of course i may just be making this post to hear myself talk and i should just wait for him to say something accurate

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
We orginally wanted to get a lathe to port the turbos, I had a bunch of parts
to do the rebuilds, and he was going to do all the work for free to add that
cash to what we had to get the lathe. The group buy didn't go through, so he
didn't get the lathe, but we're working with a machine shop to make housings.
so we'll be able to offer them again soon :cool:.

Jeff

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
As Jeff has stated, I can do upgrades, but right now the only upgrade we do is the 57trim, 56.5mm to4e wheel. This wheel is appropriate for up to 450hp if you have the car tuned and fuel requirements are met.

Yes the BB program is up and running. It is designed to make the turbo last longer. We currently are working on making a ct26 that does not use a thrust washer, but rather the BB controls the thrust.

The thrust washer/bearing is the weak link in a ct26. The nose of the shaft itself measures larger than a to4e small shaft does. The problem is that the thrust bearing/washer is litterally floating in the cartridge. There is really nothing that holds it to the center section such as a spring or a bolt.

When some one runs an upgraded ct26 and has a poor bov or a bov that is not setup right, you explode ct26's.

Imnotcreative72

Dec 3, 2006
New York
MDCmotorsports said:
When some one runs an upgraded ct26 and has a poor bov or a bov that is not setup right, you explode ct26's.

I never thought about this, I'm going to be running 12+ psi on a 60-1 trim with a stock bocsh. you think that flows enough or should I run two just to be safe?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Imnotcreative72 said:
I never thought about this, I'm going to be running 12+ psi on a 60-1 trim with a stock bocsh. you think that flows enough or should I run two just to be safe?

Oh yeah, you'll def want to be getting some brand of recirculated BOV ;).

IBTL

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
madsupra88 said:
whats the stock trim size?
Stock C26- 1.811 inch
46 trim---- 2.003
50 trim---- 2.122
57 trim---- 2.230
60 trim---- 2.290
Amazing what the search button will find....

Jon

Last edited: